Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some add ins

The whole build your own house process has been very exciting and a little overwhelming in that in a matter of 6 hours we were asked to pick all of the design and structural aspects we wanted to keep, modify and add to our plan.

Some decisions were easy...do you want to add a half bath? I am pretty sure 4 is enough...hope I don't regret that some day:).

Other things we thought of kind of after the fact when things had already been signed off and weren't supposed to change. Two biggies were a utility sink in the mudroom and a cable jack/plug in the bathroom so mike could have a tv. While I am not a huge fan of the second it was one of the few things that Mike really insisted on so I told him to try.

We got word from Glen at DR Horton that we were approved to make the changes so mike is thrilled. For the sake of my sinks in the kitchen and bathroom the utility sink will be a great addition!

Hopefully we will be getting notification of ground breaking soon! Debby finally left along with the rain so hopefully the flooding resides and things dry up a little so they can get started and avoid delays!

No comments:

Post a Comment