We met with our superintendent and salesman at the site this morning. We had an interesting time treking around through the high and wet grass in the hot humid morning. The superintendent was really struggling with the heat and I was being attacked by the mosquitoes.
 |
| Glen at front corner of house and Mike and Ed at the back corner |
After some measurements making sure that there is really room for a pool, and some eye rolling by me at the potential for more delays, we agreed to complete the meeting and that we will check back after they get the site cleared and surveyed more officially to see if there is in fact room behind the house for a pool. Otherwise we may be making some changes and repermitting...fingers crossed that its not. Although, as the superintendent so nicely reminded M this is a time to ignore your impatient wife and do it right because a couple weeks vs. never being able to put in a pool. He is right that logically this does not take a whole lot of thought...still frustrating.
 |
| Glen Front, Mike Back of House, Ed...room for a pool! |
We were told that they will start clearing trees on Wednesday and that the estimate is that should take about 2 weeks to get the land all set to start the foundation. Mike says 2 weeks is a padded timeframe but we'll see with all of the rain and the upswing in building in the area contributing to delays, I am not expecting things to move faster than they are...even though I am being quite impatient.
When we look at the timeline now its looking more like mid December before the house could be done. Realistically I am setting my eyes on January so that if its December I will be pleasantly surprised:) I can trick myself into being patient:).
Here's some pictures from today, we are going to go check things out on Wednesday so if there is some action I will be back with more pictures...
 |
| This is the back left corner...furthest from the road. |
 |
| From the street looking at the front right corner. |
 |
| From the back looking up towards the front right corner. |
 |
| A secretive picture of Mike and Ed looking at the plans. I was offering little assistance at this point so pictures seemed approrpiate. |
No comments:
Post a Comment